Each one of a kind luminaria is entirely hand-made, from knitting the original form to dipping it in liquid porcelain, to tending and shaping while it dries. The kiln’s heat can also add to the soft and fluid touchability. The saucer is hand-formed and glazed. See all the photos!
Note: nearly any knitted porcelain piece on this site looks great with a light inside, which shows off the stitchery, even if it isn’t lacy. The piece just needs a large enough opening, but those wine bottle strings of lights on a cork fit the narrowest of openings, too.
- Materials: Porcelain and Glaze
- Color: Translucent White and Matte Black
- Size, Approx: 6″h x 3.5″w x 3.5″d
- Fully fired to mid-range stoneware temperature
- “Holds” light, but not liquid!
- Hand-rinse and dab with soft cloth
- Free Shipping!